New design

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tornado Time!!

The kids and I had a crazy day on Tues. Feb.10th. There were a lot of storms coming through Oklahoma that were producing tornadoes. Luckily, one didn't touch down in our town. But the Hail that came down was amazing. We didn't hear it because we were in our shelter in the garage. It was scary for all of us. Our neighbor's window was broken and all the homes in the area have roof damage. Some car windows were shattered. It looked like there were a zillion pieces of hail in our yard - all of them ranging from dime size to tennis ball size. These were 2 of the bigger ones. I wish I would've held them in my hand in the picture so you could see how big they were. But there is a spoon next to them. My kids and I won't forget that day for a long time.

6 comments:

The clarkes said...

Yikes! When we lived in Iowa two years I had recurring nightmares of Tornadoes- Of course we were in a third story apartment building without any shelter. Is your shelter in your garage something you had built in or is it just standard in that area?
Cindy

jeanine said...

I can't believe how bad Yukon got hit! Our hail was no bigger than quarter sized!

Christy said...

How scary! I heard about the tornadoes on the news and looked up Yukon to see if you guys had a tornado. Hopefully you can move to somewhere more mountainous--the plains states scare me! I'm glad you're all okay!

Jill said...

Are those for Real? Wow! That would be pretty scary. My kids cry just when the fire alarm goes off, I can't imagine how they would react to that. Was Ed there when it happened?

Jill said...

Oh ya..I'm glad you've put some more pictures on your blog!

Kali said...

Yeah, it's about time you update your blog! That's scary. Did it do anything to your house?